All-Star Running Retreats
Learn, run and play with the all-stars of ultra running!
- Want to get away from the winter freeze? And get expert advice from some of the fastest and most successful ultra runners in the world? Featuring 3 full days with Ian Sharman, Geoff Roes and Devon Crosby-Helms, Bad to the Bone is offering two winter camps in Las Vegas with the chance to run and learn from these exceptional athletes. The philosophy is to provide a chance to run with and learn from successful athletes in a fun environment and to get out on the trails in mid-winter without having to deal with serious ice conditions.
All Inclusive Retreats
Each camp covers:
- Two daily training runs on varied trails in the Las Vegas area, including the Red Rock Canyon area.
- Individual advice and running time with each Lead Runner
- Focus on several running techniques (including uphill, downhill and flat) and training methods, as well as social runs
- Several roundtable Q&A sessions on applicable topics
- Three nights in a dream Las Vegas mansion with a bed in a luxury shared, same sex room (individual room available as add on)
- All meals covered in a group setting (Friday through Sunday). All local transportation is included
- The Blue Man Group Show (available as a add on)
About the Retreats
- The All-Star Running Retreats are a brand new concept in the market of running camps. The Bad to the Bone All-Star Running Retreats combine a staff of the most well known and best ultra runners in the world with a unique vacation destination, Las Vegas, making this a one-of-a-kind experience for the participants.
- The Retreats will take place over three days and four nights in January and February in Las Vegas, NV. They will feature Ian Sharman (USA Trail 100 Mile Record Holder), Geoff Roes (Western States 100 Miler Record Holder) and Devon Crosby-Helms (50 Mile and 100K US National Champion and world class endurance chef).
- The philosophy of the All-Star Running Retreats is to offer participants an exceptional opportunity to interact with the All-Star staff in a unique environment. The Retreats will focus on running technique, training and preparation, and they will be the best opportunity for anybody to get ready for any spring or summer race. Maintaining their one-of-a-kind motto, participants will be housed in a Las Vegas luxury mansion, which they will share with the All-Star staff and other participants. This will foster the close culture already present in the sport of ultra running, while taking advantage of the best that Las Vegas has to offer. All the training runs will take place on the most scenic trails in and around Las Vegas, including Red Rock Canyon and the Valley of Fire.
- The dates for the 2012 Las Vegas winter retreats will be: January 26 through January 29 and February 16 through February 19. The three day-four nights Retreats will include all meals and accommodations, two daily training runs focusing on different aspects of running and training, roundtable discussions with the All-Star staff and social activities, including a Las Vegas show and a zip line tour.
- A creation of Gill and Francesca Conte, owners of Bad to the Bone Endurance Sports, the Retreats aim to promote and share the elite athletes' knowledge, while showcasing all the great trails and entertainment in Las Vegas. "The concept of a running camp is not new, but the combination of an All-Star staff with different strengths and knowledge bases plus a unique destination like Las Vegas is. The Retreats will focus on running, but also on the social aspect of running: Vegas baby!" says Gill. "I am very excited about running and spending three days on the trails around Las Vegas" says Sharman. "I have been to Las Vegas many times, and I know how much it has to offer". The Retreats will also showcase other qualities of the athletes, including the culinary knowledge of Devon Crosby-Helms. Crosby-Helms, who focuses her cooking on the perfect foods for endurance training, will offer a cooking masterclass for all the participants.
- About Bad to the Bone Endurance Sports: By directing premiere endurance events, Bad to the Bone Endurance Sports strives to motivate athletes of all backgrounds to challenge themselves. For almost 10 years, Bad to the Bone Endurance Sports events have reflected owners' Gill and Francesca's decades-long knowledge and passion for running. www.badtothebone.biz